Re: AMD64 small form factor

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 19:25 -0800, Alex Perry wrote:
(2)  Does anybody know of an Athlon64 motherboard that is mini-ITX, or
preferably the smaller 5 inch form factor, for embedded applications ?

Embedded?  That's gonna be really hot.

As far as I know, the Athlon64 series score pretty well in terms of the MFLOPS per Watt that they deliver. I'm not really worried about that.
Probably a bigger problem is the associated wearable battery pack.

The Athlon M(obile), which, AFAICT, is pin compatible with the AthlonXP, generates a *lot* less heat than the others, and would
be very good in an embedded system.

Experimentally, one runtime thread uses 70% of a 3000+ processor.
I've been using the Athlon64-Mobile so far and been quite happy;
is there that much of a power saving, going to a comparable AXPM?

Out of curiosity, and if you can tell us, why do you need all that
A64 juice in a SFF?

Due to restrictions imposed by the customer, I can only disclose
the purpose under NDA or to people generating a response to an RFQ.
Sorry ...

PS. Off topic to the list: A year ago, I came across a P4 wearable computer unit that was in a 3 1/2 inch hard drive form factor case. I've lost the reference ... but if someone happens to know of it ?