Re: powernowd / stock kernels

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 11:06 -0800, Zachary Rizer wrote:
> Please disregard previous email -- I just realized
> powernowd is only on XP-M processors, and that what
> I'm looking for is "Cool 'n Quiet".
>
> My mistake!

Actually, no mistake at all. I have an AMD64 and run powernowd to have
cpu-scaling (as provided by the CnQ-feature in the cpu).

I got it to run on a Debian kernel-image after I put powernowd-k8 and
cpufreq-userspace in /etc/modules. It was apparently necessary to have
these loaded forcedly to get the powernowd daemon to run.

regards,
Thomas