Re: Setting up an internal Debian AMD64 mirror

"Pedro Sanchez" <psanchez@nortel.com> writes:

> I want to use rsync anyways. debmirror seems to support it but
> apt-mirror ans apt-proxy don't. I'll then start with debmirror.

apt-proxy doesn't mirror per se.  Rather it lets some machine (in my
case a gateway that bridges a private net and the internet) look like
a local mirror while actually pulling from a real, second mirror.

> So, again, are there any AMD64 rsync servers that I can use? Is alioth
> rsync-enabled?

Yes.  You are also free to use mine at:

mirror.phy.bnl.gov::Debian-amd64

-Brett.