Re: Re: Kernel panic with latest iso's

Yeah, I installed my system about a week ago using the mini.iso off the netinst directory and it worked like a charm.  MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum installing on 2 SATA drives in a mirrored array.  I just wanted to set it up and decide if the AMD64 port works well enough to use as a HTPC.  I've decided that it's more stable that I expected and that there are more 64bit packages than I know what to do with.

  So I wanted to wipe it clean and redistribute my array to account for some swap space and make it more redundant.  I tried to use the CD that I used before and when it got to the "downloading stuff" portion of the install it complained that there weren't and kernel images matching the one I was using.  Something about "it probably won't work if you continue without kernel sources".  Since I didn't want it not to work, I figured better get the latest image.

  I went and downloaded mini.iso dated from TODAY, Feb-6th and burned it to a CD (I've learned to start using RW discs instead of coastering a 4.4MB CDR, only did it once - thank you) and tried to boot off of it.  Same thing as you, I get the kernel panic: can't mount root fs.  I was worried that the installer didn't know what to do with my raid array so I tried unplugging the drives so that they aren't even there to see and it still panic-ed.  Must be an issue with the installer.

We'll just have to wait to install it till they fix the panic, it's worth the wait.  I just wish I knew who needs to know so I could tell them!

-Greg