Re: Still confused about pure64 package changelogs

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:31:07AM -0800, Larry Doolittle wrote:

> > > Another particular example is kernel-image-2.6.10-9-amd64-k8,
> > > which doesn't even show up on packages.debian.org.
> >
> > This is one of the excpetion of packages that are first uploaded
> > to the amd64 archive and only later to the debian archive.  It's
> > stuck in NEW for some time now.
>
> Can anyone elaborate on this comment?  Who controls and/or where is
> the master list of such packages, and how can we mere users find out
> what's going on with them?

Normally all packages are build from the debian sources.  We
daily download the new sources and build them and then they'll
end up on alioth.  The archive should only contain package that
we get thru that way.  However, there are two exception to this
and those are the kernel packages (kernel-image-2.6.10-amd64 and
linux-kernel-di-amd64-2.6) and the ia32-libs-openoffice.org
package.

The kernel packages always end up on the amd64 archive first
since we develop them.  They also get uploaded to the debian
archive, but they have to go thru NEW processing which seems to
go really slowly lately.  2.6.10 kernel packages for some other
arches are also still in NEW waiting to be processed.

ia32-libs-openoffice.org is in the archive because it only makes
sense on amd64 systems (and maybe ia64 too) and it doesn't get
uploaded to debian.  We provided them because it might be useful
for people wanting to run open office.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kurt