Re: Marvel Yukon gigabit LAN on Gigabyte K8NS Pro

* Mahmoud Al Gammal (mahmoudfg@gawab.com) ha scritto:

> I'm using sarge-netinst, and the installer fails while
> modprob'ing my network chip, a built-in Marvel Yukon. I've
> disabled it inBIOS and added a Realtek 8139 that worked for me
> before with debian on ARM. Any idea?

 I have the very same motherboard, but I didn't use the built in
marvel LAN adapter during installation. I can tell it works, and its
module is sk98lin (under kernel version 2.6.10, and very likely with
older versions). Try to disable the firewire port from the bios (which
may cause other lan devices to "appear") and modprobe it by hand.

 cheers,
 fc