Re: amd64(gcc4): aptitude dumps core

On 05-Jan-13 21:40, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:24:53PM +0100, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> >
> > please specify which patches that are used by the gcc-3.4 archive are
> > broken.
>
> The last case I saw was your patch for newlib (#289688).  There
> are others, but I can't remember them all.

This is correct, my patch was wrong. It caused the binary package
to be empty instead of not building at all and I did not notice that.

But the newlib package is broken on amd64 anyway and a real fix
for this is not yet known AFAIK.
This is not really an example which could show that the gcc-3.4
archive is broken.

Nevertheless, the gcc-3.4 archive uses more than 500 patches
at the moment and of course some of those _will_ be broken.
Most of the patches change only a few lines of code to fix problems
with the stricter standard conformity checks of gcc-3.4 and/or gcc-4.0 -
but still, there will be errors.

I filed 1230 bug reports with patches during the last 7 months,
mainly to fix compilation problems with gcc-3.4 and gcc-4.0.
Roughly 700 of those patches have already applied by the
maintainers and/or upstream.

But of course some of my patches were wrong and were
rejected or corrected by the maintainers, by upstream
or even by yourself (thanks!).

Regards
Andreas Jochens

BTW: You changed the bug submitter when commenting on my bug report
#289688. This is not really nice because it makes it difficult for
me to follow the discussion. Please don't do that.