Re: Problem with /lib64 in libc6 2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.gcc4

*** Regarding Re: Problem with /lib64 in libc6
    2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.gcc4; Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de> adds:

Andreas> It was located in base-files for a long time, but this has
Andreas> been changed lately to libc6. A patched version of base-files
Andreas> with /lib64 had been used, but since version 2.3.2.ds1-20 of
Andreas> the glibc package it finally has been moved to libc6, where
Andreas> it really should be.

Ok, so this is a transient problem.  I see now that the new base-files
package no longer has /lib64 in it.  Thanks for clarifying this.

Andreas> Depending on the order in which the packages are upgraded,
Andreas> some problems like this one may occur. Unfortunately I do not
Andreas> know a perfect way to avoid this.

At least a warning on the list about what to do when this occurs would
be nice.  Apologies if I missed it.

Thanks,
Per

--