gdb fails on threaded application in ia32 chroot

   I have the usual ia32 chroot set-up that I use for OOo and the like
with no problem. I've noticed however that gdb fails when trying to run
a theaded application (any one):

   GNU gdb 6.3-debian
   GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
   This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

   (gdb) run 50
   Starting program: /home/ul/tests/threads/thr32
   Error while reading shared library symbols:
   Cannot find new threads: generic error

   I'm running stable in the ia32 chroot, whith the 2.6.12-10 kernel
from testing. The same problem happens with the stable 2.6.8 kernel. The
AMD64 gdb works fine on the other hand, and the ia32 works also on
non-threaded applications.

   I've found the same problem in this thread:

   The strace is similar (block on rt_sigsuspend too).  In the same
thread they point at a kernel problem, but this thread is quite old
(May) so it shouldn't be still there in 2.6.12? I couldn't find a bug
report/solution on this, does anybody else have this issue with more
recent versions of Debian or more recent kernels?