Re: Burn 100min. (878MB) cd-data with k3b

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 14:07 +0100, Albert Oliver Serra wrote:
> Hello!
> >
> > it's not correct:) if I set it with 'hwclock' in debian, and run another OS, next debian-run will be with wrong-time.
> Have you tried ntpdate??? I think it's so useful for you.

NTP date will not help in this instance, as the other OS doesn't
understand timezones. Debian sets the hardware clock to UTC time, and
then fudges the local time from this, based on the timezone
configuration (see /etc/timezone).

As far as I am aware, Windows sets the hardware clock to the *local*
time, thus on next boot Debian will think local time is UTC, causing the
discrepancy.

I'd suggest reading Chapter 16 from the Debian sysadmin manual for a
solution to this (specifically section 16.3). [1]

HTH,

Adam.

[1]
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/system-administrator/ch-sysadmin-time.html