Re: Open office

Lars Schimmer wrote:

Adam Stiles wrote:
On Tuesday 22 November 2005 08:09, Rob van Kraanen wrote:

A lot of people think they need OOo for the same reason that a lot of people think they need MS Office, or Windows.

Because it IS used.
We are all NOT private persons and if you are at office, you NEED some
software which IS stable for some years and which works nicely with MS
Office docs and produces some nice files.
And you need something which works on nearly all platforms, Apple OS X,
Windows XP AND Linux.

Some ms-office compatibility is nice, fortunately openoffice is not
needed for that.  I chuck the .doc/.rtf at abiword, and gnumeric handles
the excel stuff.  About a hundred times faster than openoffice, which
I only ever use to read the _openoffice_ documents people occationally
send me.

Helge Hafting