Re: Problem creating ia32 chroot

On 11/30/05, Flavio Stanchina <flavio@stanchina.net> wrote:
> Aethon wrote:
> > I'm trying to create an ia32 chroot. [...]
> > erebus:/home/will# debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32
>
> > So is this just a problem with sid being broken at the moment? Or is
> > there something else I can do to make things work?
>
> In my experience, debootstrap often has this kind of problems with sid
> and testing because AFAIK it uses a semi-static list of dependencies.
> Usually, I've had more success with cdebootstrap.

It seems to have worked using combination of cdebootstrap and
switching to testing instead of sid (which should be sufficient for
me, since I'm really just trying to get firefox running in 32 bit so I
can use the flash plugin). Now I've got another problem. When trying
to apt-get libx11-6, I get

erebus:/# apt-get install libx11-6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package libx11-6

Does this have to do with the switch to xorg instead of xfee86? If so
is there a different package I should be installing?

Thanks,

Aethon