Re: Hello! from a newbie+ problems with debian for amd64+can't boot debian for i386 on amd64 from cd+can't extract sbm.bin from cd

Chris DiVirgilio wrote on 28/11/2005 20:35:
> On Nov 27, 2005, at 7:19 PM, Thomas Drillich wrote:
>
>>if you are a real newby, you may wait until december. As I knew
>>debian etch should be finished in december, and there amd64 should
>>be one of the standard supported systems.
>
> December?  Really?  After three years between Woody and Sarge, that's
> a bit surprising.  Although looking back at previous releases (http://
> tinyurl.com/8tn6e), it wouldn't be unheard of.  That would be very nice.

Etch should freeze in December, right, only it isn't December 2005 but
2006. And it wouldn't release in December 2006 either, the planned
release date is at some date during the second quarter of 2007.

cu,
sven