recommended scsi card for Debian/AMD64/Sarge

I have an existing Debian/Amd64/Sarge system which includes sata hard
drives, but has a tape drive connected to a separate Adaptec 29160N
Ultra160 SCSI adapter scsi card dedicated to that task.  I am using the
2.6.14 kernel with the new aic7xxx driver.  I have reported here my
problems with this setup and I am considering replacing this scsi card
with one that will do the job without errors.

what scsi card is recommended to work for this arch ?  I don't need
blinding speed since the tape drive at best will due 80 MB/s burst
speed.  I just need one that will work without error.

What are other Debian/Amd64 scsi users using ?

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory