Re: Is there a known problem with formatting ext3 partitions on AMD-64

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 02:41:31PM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> Either through the installer, or manually on VC2, the format seems to go
> OK, but when I come to mount it, mount complains of an invalid parameter.

Is there anything in the kernel log (from dmesg) about why?

> The manual mount command I tried was:-
> mount -t ext3 /dev/i2o/hda/part1 /target
> /target exists, as does the /dev/i2o/hda/part1.

Should be OK; you shouldn't need to specify "-t ext3" as it should be
automatically determined.

What does "ls /dev/i2o/hda/part1" show?

I'm running ext3 on amd64 and I suspect lots of people here are doing
the same, so I don't think that's your problem.

Hamish