Re: any java/jre debs newer than 1.4?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 03:59:05PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:05:52AM -0800, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > A while ago I saw a post that mentioned the java debs on a metalab
> > server for 1.4, but I was wondering if anyone knew of some newer debs
> > for, say, 1.5-ish?  Or have people just been installing the stuff that
> > they get directly from sun?
>
> .bin from sun + make-jpkg = debian package.

ahahaha.  completely forgot about this, even though that's how i installed
java on my laptop, like, a year ago.  sometimes when something is almost
too easy, it doesn't stick in your brain.

once again, debian/rules

molto grazie,

Luckily, I don't have personal need for the browser plugin thang.  I
just need to be able to run the @#!$%i# java code that is part of our
product at work.  The real version uses gcj to compile the @#$%@%@ java,
which works perfectly with the pure64 gcc, but the emulated version of
the product needs the @#$!^&* sdk/jre/whatever.