Re: any java/jre debs newer than 1.4?

On 11/22/05, Andrew Sharp <andy@netfall.com> wrote:
> A while ago I saw a post that mentioned the java debs on a metalab
> server for 1.4, but I was wondering if anyone knew of some newer debs
> for, say, 1.5-ish?  Or have people just been installing the stuff that
> they get directly from sun?

It was a few month ago that I looked, but I could not find any 1.5
packages. You can download j2sdk 1.5 from Sun for Linux/amd64, but it
was not stable for me (and, to be honest, I had pretty much the same
result with any new java version on Linux). Also it did not have a
browser plugin, which makes it pretty useless imho.

So unless you need 1.5, I would recommend to stay with the tested 1.4.

Thomas