nvidia: Unknown symbol register_ioctl32_conversion

Hello,

I have an Athlon64 X2 (dual core) processor and nvidia 7800GTX
graphic card.

Some days ago I installed Sid with kernel 2.6.14. Textmode works
well, but nv graphic card driver gives me a corrupted display on
my TFT (DVI) at 1600x1200 resolution. (GDM login screen is ok,
but when I try to log in, display gets corrupted.

I tried installing nvidia driver the debian way following this
tutorial:

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html

But starting  xserver fails, dmesg gives error messages like

nvidia: Unknown symbol register_ioctl32_conversion

I think the reason is, that kernel 2.6.14 needs nvidia driver
7676, which is not part of Sid (unstable) for AMD64.

Currently I am runnig kernel 2.6.14 smp, which works fine, but is
incompatible with available nvidia driver. I tried some hours to
modify the installation routine, but without success. I tried to
expand my sources.list with other sources (experimental or
rdonald), but I was not able to use 7676 nvidia driver.

I think using kernel 2.6.12 is not possible with my sid
installation, so I have to reinstall all to try this. Or I may
try to install nvidia driver as decribed by nvidia.

I know that a few people have sucessfully installed nvidia driver
mit 2.6.14 kernel, but I can not find a complete installation
tutorial for this. Can somebody post this including changes for
sources.list.

I think another working installation recipe would be very usefull
for many of us.

Thanks

Stefan Salewski