Display changed: LCD off/on" problem

Hello,

Yes, I solved the problem.
It's linked to the kmilo software. Follow these instructions (that I found at http://wingware.com/support/asus_z63a_ubuntu_5.10, but you can find many other sources by googling) to fix it:

Having switched to KDE, I got an annoying flashing screen periodically that says "Display Changed LCD on/off". This appears to be a bug in kmilo, which is a daemon run by kded to support the special keys on the keyboard (browser launch, etc). While these keys worked under Gnome, they do not work under KDE so I disabled kmilo for now. This is done by editing /usr/share/services/kded/kmilod.desktop and changing it so the following lines are set to false:

X-KDE-Kded-autoload=false
X-KDE-Kded-load-on-demand=false

Cheers,
- Emmanuel