Re: X not start after dist-upgrade

On 11/9/05, Ian Crawford <ianjcrawford@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

I had the same (or similar?) problem about a month ago. I now think
that udev was the source of all the problems, but apt-get update
fucked everything up for a short while - no X (after upgrading to
Xorg), no internet. I removed udev and discovered that it (or
something) had also removed all MY entries from /etc/modules which was
the reason for internet not working, nvidia not getting loaded etc.
ggrrrr... At least it was OK in the end.

Craig