Re: installer can't find disk

Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 16:13 schrieb dave:
> I just got a new system this week and was struggling to get it
> running when I finally came across this thread.
> I ran the install, shelled out when the install reported no disk, ran
> modprobe, exited to the install and the disk is now there!!!
>
> MotherBoard: ASROCK 939DUAL-SATA2 ULI M 1695 CHIPSET SERIAL ATA300

Current sata_uli is buggy in kernel 2.6.x.
1. Try a second load of sata_uli (rmmod and modprobe) you may see your
disc then.

2. Enable sata_raid in bios, if I do it on my machine I could use my
disc.

there are some threads about problems with sata_uli, especially with the
shuttle xpc st20g5.

--
mit freundlichem Gruss -- regards

Thomas Drillich