Re: Trying to build OOo2 in an x86 chroot

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 12:02:10AM +0100, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > better solution would be to get it to properly use
> > dpkg-architecture.
> Well, I guess that getting it included upstream is excluded, so if would
> need a Debian patch. But for how many files? There are probably a lot,
> don't you think?

Are you using the debian source, or direct upstream source?

Normally what you do is call the configure script with the build
arch, and that _should_ be all you have to do.  This basicly
looks something like in a debian/rules file (for autoconf >=
2.50):

ifeq ($(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE), $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE))
  confflags += --build $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
else
  confflags += --build $(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) --host $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
endif

./configure $(confflags) other options

The call with --host is for cross building.  This is not what
you're doing, and it even behaves different if you do that.

So the proper way to call it would be:
./configure --build i486-linux-gnu

It seems that the Debian openoffice.org package isn't doing this,
and it really should.

Kurt