Re: Mirror list
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Mirror list
- From: Michelle Konzack <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:40:04 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20051104154004.GF2279@freenet.de>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <4363A460.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051029183113.GA15876@roeckx.be> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051031173806.GF9486@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> <email@example.com>
Am 2005-10-31 11:04:26, schrieb lordSauron:
> > Besides the current set of mirrors seem pretty good to me. I often get
> > 560KB/s on my 5Mbit link from the mirror I use. http works great for my
> > needs.
> I hate you.... not really, I just hate that you get such fast
> downloads... y'know, that evious sorta hate?
@home I am at <http://www.wanadoo.fr/>, have a 8 MBit ADSL and get
around 832 kByte/sec from <ftp.debian.org> and <ftp2.de.debian.org>.
My Servers in Pais/FR and Offenburg/DE are Sun with 96 x 74 GByte
SCSI Drives divided into six Raid-5 of 1 TByte. The first Raid hold
my full Debian-Mirror.
The second Raid-Array is reserved for my PostgreSQL...
Then I have an identical thirth Server which is curently in
Strasbourg/FR but will go to Swiss if I find a place where I can
put a 700kg 19" Rack...
The first two are connected with a redunant E1 (~400 Euro/month in
germany or 1300 Euro/month in France) curently... but will get update
to E3 (1700 Euro/month in germany and 6000 Euro/month in france) in
Oh yes, traffic cost extra in germany...
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
50, rue de Soultz MSM LinuxMichi
0033/3/88452356 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)