CFS / RPC: can't encode arguments

Title: CFS / RPC: can't encode arguments

I'm running the amd64 port on an XFS filesystem and am having troubles running CFS, the Cryptographic File System.

When I attempt to cattach to an NFS-mounted directory, I get the error:

RPC: can't encode arguments

The portmapper is running and NFS works fine mounting other filesystems and being mounted from other hosts (the NFS client and server are both running).

I've strace'd cattach, and have traced the problem down to the clnt_call() function call.  I have contacted the CFS maintainer and he wasn't quite sure what was going on, but suggested that perhaps the RPC library is built with a different configuration on amd64.

Could someone help shed some light on this?  I've only seen two other people on the net complain about this, and neither have gotten a solution.

Thanks in advance!