Re: unreal tournament 2004 for x86_64 on debian

On Fri October 28 2005 09:49 am, Mike Dobbs wrote:
> What problems are you having?  ut2004 runs fine in my amd64 debian sid and
> ubuntu amd64.  Running 64bit.

This amd64 box is new to me, so I have to get used to the way it wants to
play. I have run quake3 with linux (32bit) before, it ran wonderfully but I
had no sound. Q3 just isn't the same without BANG BANG! I have never tried it
since.

I have had UT2004 running with debian amd64. It ran fine, sound and video. But
when I upgraded to the latest linux version (ut2004) it stopped working, I
don't know why. I had the nvidia drivers installed from the nvidia site since
I couldn't get them installed the debian way. I'm going to try again with
testing and see if I can do it the debian way so future upgrades won't be a
problem.

There is nobody in my neck of the woods I can ask about setting this stuff up
under linux, so I mostly stumble around in the dark and try to scan these
groups for info on getting them up and running.

If It could be done I would like to have UT (the classic version, had it
running nicely under 32bit linux), UT2K3/4 and Quake 3 running here on my
debian amd-64 box.