Re: Building amd64/k8 kernel from 32-bit userspace

Max <relf@unn.ac.ru> writes:

>>>  From old version of FAQ:
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> *Crosscompiling a 64bit kernel on a 32bit host*
>> <snip>
>> Most of this is obsolete. The Debian i386 gcc-3.4 packages have
>> biarch amd64 support.
>
> Shouldn't that be included in the FAQ?
>
> Thanks,
> Max

No.

The recommended (and only user friendly) way to build a 64bit kernel
is a 64bit userland.

For i386 users that means installing the existing 64bit kernel, create
a 64bit chroot and compile the kernel in there.

That way it all just magically works.

MfG
        Goswin