Re: ioctl32 (32bit compatability for a 64bit driver).. Any information at all?

Hello again..

I've been doing some digging and it turns out that the in order to use
ioctl32, the kernel must be patched.

http://lwn.net/Articles/119652/

The thing is, the default kernel is trying to call this function, but
the default headers don't contain the appropriate entry in the
file_operations struct (compat_ioctl32) to actually pass this function
to the kernel.  Is there any possibility this is a bug in the way that
the kernel was built, in such a way that the default headers don't tie
in with the kernel default?

I'm quite new to this, but it certainly seems odd the that kernel is
trying to call a fucntion that the headers don't allow you to define..

Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks,

James

James Hansen wrote:

I've been scouring google for a while, but can't find a great deal of information on adding 32bit compatibility to a 64bit driver.

I can see there are ioctl32_register and _unregister functions in the ch.c scsi driver, but would anyone know where to find more information about these?

Thanks

James