To: <debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 9:49 AM
Subject: OpenGL games in Amd64

I've recently come to the realization that OpenGL
games such as Quake*, Doom3, and Enemy Territory, can
be run successfully in the main amd64 root.  I was
previously running these games from within the 32bit
chroot.

In order for a successful setup like this, what lib
packages must you have installed?  What does your
/etc/ld.so.conf look like?  What version of the nvidia
packages are you using? Does it matter?  I cannot
download the nvidia-glx-ia32 package, apt tells me
it's not downloadable (but it says it's already the
newest version).

I've recently repaired a lot of my issues, according
to other excellent posts to this list, but I'm still
getting segfaults upon loading the libGL.so.1.  My
7676 nvidia packages were compiled a month or more
ago, when my libs were sort of messed up...maybe I
should recompile them?

Thanks, sorry for all the confusing questions.

Zaq