Re: synaptic touchpad does not work anymore

On (20/10/05 09:42), Hans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after updating my system, the synaptic touchpad does not work any more.
> This is only, when I start the windowmanagers KDE or XFCE as normal users.
>
> I suppose it is a problem of permission rights. But where do I have to
> search ?
>
> Does somebody have any clue ?

A couple of days ago there was a thread about desktops not starting and
similar.  The problem arose from upgrading libssl and openssl.  However, before
finding the solution through the list I dug around in my system and found an
error in the Xorg log referring to 'synaptics' module not being found.

Anyway downgrading libssl and openssl cured the problem; these packages have
now been fixed and all is back to normal.  Try another upgrade perhaps?

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...