Re: xorg transparency and shadows

Hi.

I used this apt binary source and installed xcompmgr, libxrender1-dbg &
transset to try out this transparency and landed in hot water!  I couldn't
restart X.  I got a .xession error that really didn't say much.
I got around it eventually by starting X with:

startx /usr/bin/startkde -- :0

I like to use gdm to start my X, is there someway to reset gdm?

Thanks for any interest or replies,
Chris W.