problems with netinst isos

The etch netinst iso seems to be missing the isolinux.cfg file necessary to get it going. Installation halts with a message about missing a boot image from isolinux. When I compared the iso with the sarge iso, I could see that etch lacked the .cfg file. Supplying the arguments by booting from /install/vmlinuz with the parameters I saw in the sarge iso's isolinux.fgm file didn't get me much further--couldn't find the root filesystem.

So, instead, I tried the sarge netinst iso. With this one, it booted ok, but during installation wouldn't recognize that it was on a dhcp net. So I configured the net parameters by hand, but it still couldn't download any software. (I suspect not recognizing that it was on a dhcp net was actually not being able to see the net at all.) I know it's not a net hardware problem, since I can boot from a gnoppix cd and browse the net without any difficulty.

Any suggestions as to how to get things going? I'd really like to try the 64 bit kernel on this box.

Cheers,

David Udin