Re: KDE

On Thursday 13 October 2005 02:41, lordSauron wrote:
> Yes, actually I was reinstalling the entire system because KDE freaked

xerverrc: line 2: /usr/bin/X11/X: No such file or directory

That is the X server startup. The location is correct, so maybe reinstall
xserver-xorg, which apparently failed.

>  I'm now installing the xfree86-dbg server.  I'll see if that works.

There is no point in installing the debug version of X if you can't start X in
the first place. Beside that is xfree86 again, not xorg.

Also, check if you have a mix of both xorg packages and xfree86 packages, and
try to resolve that.

Ernest.