Re: update time

On Friday 07 October 2005 02:25, Dr Gavin Seddon wrote:
> Hi, I looked in the archives and to update my console clock the command
> is 'ntupdate' however this doesn't work.  Can anyone tell me the
> command?

This is a bit unclear. do you have the command or not ?

it should be located in /usr/sbin, so trying it out as user will usually fail.

If you find it, try as root :

#>   ntpdate pool.ntp.org

This will try to read the time on a server over using UDP with port 123, so
that port should be opened outbound in your firewall.

if you install the debian package, ntpdate will do this during each boot.
So if you are like most people and reboot regularly, your system should stay
quite on time.

Cheers,

Ernest.