Re: update time

On Thursday 06 October 2005 8:46 pm, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> There is "ntpdate" (set the time from an NTP server), "date" (read or set
> the local clock), and "hwclock" (query and set the hardware
> clock--generaelly you don't need to run this manually).

Speaking of ntpdate:
Last I checked the ntp, ntpdate, ntp-simple, and ntp-server packages seemed to
be missing from the amd64 mirrors that I have been using
(debian.csail.mit.edu and mirror.espri.arizona.edu).  This has been the case
for at least a week or two now.  I just pulled the .deb files I had from the
apt cache on another local machine and moved on, but does anyone know what is
the story with the missing packages?
--
John C. Martin - http://www.cs.utk.edu/~jomartin
* Please be aware that non-encrypted e-mail is NOT a secured communication