Re: mplayer

On 10/02/05 01:48:48PM +0200, hjalmar wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having a little bit of trouble with mplayer and wondering if you guys
> could give me some help. I apt-get install from
> deb http://spello.sscnet.ucla.edu/marillat/ sid main
> Everything went fine but I can only play movies if I am root. Here are the
> two printouts I get when I start mplayer
> For root
> mplayer -vo xv "movie name"

[lots of mplayer output snipped]

> I have checked the /dev/rtc and the permission is crw-rw-r--  1 root root
> 10, 135 2005-03-01 00:08 /dev/rtc
> and I am a member of the video group as well.

Run mplayer with the -v switch, it'll print some debug output to give an
idea of what it's trying to do. For instance, when running it here, I get
this during the mplayer xv startup:

X11 opening display: :0.0
vo: X11 color mask:  FFFFFF  (R:FF0000 G:FF00 B:FF)
vo: X11 running at 1680x1050 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
[x11] Detected wm supports layers.
[x11] Detected wm supports NetWM.
[x11] Detected wm supports FULLSCREEN state.
[x11] Detected wm supports ABOVE state.
[x11] Detected wm supports BELOW state.
[x11] Current fstype setting honours LAYER FULLSCREEN ABOVE BELOW X atoms
Disabling DPMS
DPMSDisable stat: 1
[xv common] Drawing colorkey manually.
[xv common] Using colorkey from Xv (0x0101fe).
Opening video filter: [lavcdeint]

> Thanks for any help,
> Clyde

Jim.