Re: Adjust Date & Time.

On 9/16/05, Chris Wakefield <c_wakefield@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I can't get the KDE clock to allow me to adjust the date & time.
> At first I thought it was util-linux package is screwed on my system (wants me
> to unload sysvinit and all kinds of good stuff), but I subsequently did a
> fresh install elsewhere, and I'm getting the same problem there too.
> Any one with ideas?

Seems to me that's the wrong way to handle that.

1.  If I want to adjust the date and time, I use ntp/ntpdate.  With a
suitable selection of time servers, this sets the clock to the Right
Time.

2.  If I need to modify my timezone, setting the TZ environment
variable is the appropriate tool...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)