Re: Gecko based browsers (mozilla, galeon, epiphany) broken?

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I switched to 64 bit, I remarked that mozilla, galeon, epiphany
> are pretty useless. They crashe with many pages.
>
> firefox doesnt have this problem and I've not found any explanation
> about that. Is there anything really broken for 64 bit ?

I don't run my browser in 64-bit (as I require too many 32-bit plugins),
but I do run mozilla-thunderbird in 64 bit, and it crashes very
frequently when rendering HTML email.  I track sid on almost a daily
basis and the crashes started happening probably 4 weeks ago or - I
can't say exactly when.

Perhaps the problems is common to both mozilla and mozilla-thunderbird
and related to either common code or one their dependencies?  (BTW, I
tried recompiling the package without -O2 and there was no change.)

Cheers,
tony