Problems with md-crypt

I have just installed md-crypt to implement encrypted file
systems on my AMD64 box, running stable from

ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/

While this basically works, I have nasty problems to execute
shell scripts from directories within the encrypted file
system.

The following scripts demonstrate it:

Script 1:
#!/bin/sh
./test2.sh

Script 2:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Hello, this is script test2.sh"

I have mounted the encrypted file system from fstab with line:
/dev/mapper/crypthome /crypthome ext3 exec,user,noauto 0 2

The scripts have permissions:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 tw tw 21 2005-09-12 17:30 test1.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 tw tw 49 2005-09-12 17:30 test2.sh

Here is what I get from various attempts to run test1.sh:

tw@vr1:/crypthome/tw$ ./test1.sh
bash: ./test1.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Keine Berechtigung

tw@vr1:/crypthome/tw$ /bin/sh test1.sh
test1.sh: ./test2.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Keine Berechtigung

So it seems as if executing an executable shell script were not
able to execute the related interpreter. If however I do the same
from a directory not on the encrypted file system, everything works
fine.

I'm not sure whether this is AMD64 related and could not check on
another platform so far. But unless I do something wrong, it is so
wierd that I doubt it can be the same on i386.

Any ideas, any help?

Best regards,

Thomas