Re: hp dx5150 install successful

Hi,

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 08:18:19AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > I've recently bought a hp dx5150, and I am trying to get
> > it up and running the amd64 port.
> >
> > d-i netinst CD with 2.6.12 from http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64
> > worked, except for
> > 1. it booted in text mode, so I couldn't see anything Japanese, so
> >   had to install in English
>
> Hmm, I wonder if the kernel I used didn't have framebuffer support.  I
> wouldn't have noticed since I do use english. :)  Something to look
> into.

That would be an improvement; it could be due to some
graphic driver issue.

> > 2. did not autodetect sata_sil, I modprobe'd it manually in VT2.
>
> Yes the discover info still needs some updates for auto detection of
> newer devices to work.

That should be fine.

> > X seems a bit shakey, so I will probably need to explore a bit more.
>
> That's not unusualy with an ATI chip.

Debian xorg installation automatically detected it was an ati
chip, and chose 'ati' driver.
According to other information, I should be able to use
'radeon' driver with this chipset and that should
work better.

Anyway, thanks for your ISO image; that's gotten me
some starting point.

regards,
	junichi