Re: sarge in chroot

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 07:32:10PM +0200, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
>    I have set up a sarge amd64 system in a chroot on my computer to run matlab
> and cadence there. I tried to add /var/chroot/sarge-amd64/.../lib into
> ld.so.conf and not so surprisingly, nothing worked after ldconfig. Does
> anyone know how to avoid library conflict in this case?

If you run 64bit normal system and 64bit chroot, yeah that could cause
problems.  The ld.so.conf stuff is only for mixing 32/64 together.

>    Matlab wants to access some device on my computer. Is it ok to mount
> the /dev directory into chroot with bind?
>    Hope my questions are not too silly.

bind mounting /dev and /home is generally a good idea for the chroot.
mounting /proc is also required (no bind needed of course).
/tmp may also make sense to bind mount since some things use sockets in
/tmp.