Re: skype and artsdsp

Hi!

Michelasso wrote:

Hello everybody,
I have downloaded and installed the static version of skype on my sid
box (not inside a chroot).
Using ia32-libs and the libXcursor.so.1 and libXft.so.2 from the
chroot 32bit directory I can run it; but when I run it trough artsdsp
(following the suggestions on the skype web page on how to setup
sound) I get the following error:
./skype: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libartsdsp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
This use to mean that the program can't load that library, in this case I think that the libartsdsp.so.0 (or the file the link points to) is a 64bits library, thus your 32bits binary can't read it......... I think that there should be a way of keeping 32/64bits libraries for alsa too, but I just don't know how to do it..... maybe you would have to go for the chroot (again)............... does anybody knows what is the state of multiarch?, I think that having a chroot is rather unconfortable.

Hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo