Re: is Quanta 64bit stable ?

On Thursday 11 August 2005 18:34, Ernest jw ter Kuile wrote:
> Up to now I hadn't really looked at Quanta.
>
> Having read loads of positive comments about it I was badly disappointed
> after even my first test. It crashes on me regularly.
>
> I can be used, but to build anything usefull I must save every few seconds.
>
> Is 64bit Quanta (3.3.2 with kde 3.4.1) "work in progress" ? or are the
> praises coming from people who only look, but don't touch ?
>
> No, I haven't submitted any bug reports. If what currently happens to
> Quanta should be fitted in a bug report it would contain something like :
>
>   To repeat bug, just start Quanta and build any html page.
>
> which isn't very usefull.
>

> What other (more stable) web page builder are people using ?
>

> Ernest.

I personally use kate for creating web pages.  I have installed kbear, but I
don't generally use as an FTP client it in its own right  {I prefer ncftp}.
Instead, I enter something like
kbearftp://mylogin@myisp.co.uk/~mypatch/public_html/index.php
in kate's file requester, and treat my web space as though it was part of my
own local file system.

kate seems to have syntax highlighting for almost every known language.  It's
even smart enough to handle JavaScript, PHP and X?HTML in the same document.
I can have multiple files open, and easily flick between a page and its
associated style sheet, or a CGI-script and any file it may use.

But I also have shell access  :-]  so I sometimes do very minor edits right
there on the server, using pico, just because I can.
--
AJS