Power management on Sarge for Tyan K8W S2885

Hi all,

I want to use power management on my Tyan K8W S2885 motherboard with 2 Opteron processors. I have searched the Internet but I have not found something I could understand.

Therefor:

1. Is power management possible with a 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8-smp kernel?
2. I have noticed that there are 2 types of power management APM amd ACPI? Is that correct, and if so, which one should I use?
3. Are there any BIOS settings that I should set/unset?
4. Is there a GUI applet that I can use for setting any options?

TIA

Joost Kraaijeveld