Re: chroot application list

On 7/30/05, kohzak <kohzak@gmail.com> wrote:
> it's just that i m about to install a debian etch on a amd64 with for
> exemple samba, and i would like to know if there is a existing samba
> amd64 package or if i will have to chroot it.

Samba should work as amd64 native, but you always have to check the
details. I have noticed that a lot of applications seem not quite as
stable as they are under 32bit. I think the same applies for most
architectures that are not i386 :-). Certainly on Sparc I had the same
impression.

And the following applications are not working under amd64, to my knowledge:

openoffice.org
partimage
wine
memtest
mplayer (etc) with binary plugins
mozilla with binary plugins (flash, java?, realaudio)

Thomas