Problem Compiling hac4linux on debian-amd64

Hi,

I have a problem compiling v0.1.1 of hac4linux
( http://hac4linux.sourceforge.net/ ) on debian amd64 sid.
I never had a problem compiling it on debian i386 (woody/sarge/sid), so I
thought this might be the right place to ask.

./configure works fine ...
first I had a linker problem saying that the symbol "_init" was redefined. I
figured that one out. Commenting out all predef_objects and postdef_objects
in "configure" helps, found that hint on the web.
but now "make" gives me an error message when trying to compile the first
shared driver lib (cm414am_driver) saying something like relocation problem,
try recompiling with -fPIC.
I don't have the full error message here right now cause I'm at work and my
amd64 machine at home is not running right now, sorry.

gcc is 4.0.1, automake is 1.9, libtool is 1.59

Anyone here who is willing to give that compilation a try on debian amd64, I
would really appreciate. I wasted hours of investigation to that problem but
I just don't see it.

Please debian-list, pimp my amd64 ;-)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Tobi