Re: What will be the right URL for security?

Modestas Vainius <geromanas@mailas.com> writes:

> 2005 m. Liepos 24 d., Sekmadienis 02:15, Goswin von Brederlow raðë:
>> Those aren't realy security updates. They are identical content wise
>> and fix the bugs but they are not build by the security team before a
>> DSA is released, their md5sum is not included in the DSA and so on.
> But what's the most important here is that security bugs get fixed eventually.
> Sarge amd64 is not official anyway. The current security URL (even if it is
> temporary) should be posted somewhere for people to find easily (How-To comes
> to mind).
>
> Yes, annuouncements do matter, but the fact that sarge amd64 is as safe as
> official ports (with a few days delay) is way much more significant.

For most peoples getting the things fixed via apt-get is enough and
for them the current sarge-proposed-updates workaround is just as
good.

For someone using Debian-amd64 professionaly or trying to sell it to
his/her boss the DSA announcements are a whole different deal.

It's that last one little piece to the puzzle thats missing to be
actualy able to call it Debian security support. That's all I'm
saying.

MfG
        Goswin