Re: [update] More 32bit packages for amd64

Goswin von Brederlow ha scritto:

>I added OpenOffice.org to amd64-archive now and fixed the resulting
>problems. I can now install and run OOo without any chroot with this.

I could (I think?) with ia32libs since a few months.

>The package isn't perfect yet so there are some details you have to do
>for now:
>
>- wget http://amd64.debian.net/~goswin/amd64-archive/amd64-archive_0.2_amd64.deb

ok

>- dpkg -i amd64-archive_0.2_amd64.deb
>
>  This will download the i386 debs and convert them. Gives a lot of
>  output.

ok, went well (when I installed dependancies), but downloaded and
mangled sarge-etch-sid versions of every package! Why? In my sources I
have only Etch and Sid

>- Add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list
>
>  # Converted 32bit debs
>  deb file:///var/lib/amd64-archive sarge main contrib non-free

added this

>  # Only needed for sarge users (I think)
>  deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/

skipped

>  Both etch and sid are also supported but untested.

I'm using Sid

>- apt-get update; apt-get install openoffice.org

complains that there isn't a newer version of
openoffice.org-debian-files (I installed version 1.1.2 with ia32-libs),
maybe should I remove old software first?

>  Check what apt-get wants to remove as it might remove the wrong
>  thing. It works for me but you might have something else installed.
>  Removing ia32-libs is intentional though.

weren't removed

Thanks for all, awaiting for w32codecs and wine...Starcraft! ;)

--
Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science

Put the fan back into computing