Re: nv_sata

Pavel Jurus wrote:
If I remember well the easiest way to solve thist problem was to disable
in BIOS the second SATA channel (don't remember if this is the correct
name, but I had two SATA disks and I could use both of them even after
disabling the second unused interface).

Pavel

I dislike that solution.  Its not perfect by any means....

My "workaround" was to do a blind install, then when everything was set up, install sshd and then remote in for a kernel upgrade. 2.6.11.xx works and you don't get the nv_sata spammage.

YMMV but I'd like to see a more elegant solution than disabling hardware or blindfolded installation. :)

Dave