Re: Filesystem stability?

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:18:15 -0700, Mark Ferlatte <ferlatte@cryptio.net>
wrote:

> I've heard rumours that some of the Linux filesystems aren't as stable
> as they should be on AMD64; in particular, I've heard of bad things
> happening with JFS and XFS.
>
> That being said, I can't find anything even approaching authoritative,
> so I thought I'd ask:
>
> What filesystems are you guys using, and anyone had any bad
> experiences?

I use ext3, and love it.

I used to use ReiserFS (and swore by it), but got BADLY burned a couple
of years ago (what was initially a single corrupted file was turned into
a totally trashed partition by the Reiser tools, and I ended up losing
the entire partition) and haven't touched it since.

Regards,
Ozz.