Re: Compiling true amd64 binaries on woody?

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> I'm still stuck on/in woody on all my systems. Can't change just
> yet (I'm working on it), but in the meantime I'm trying to
> create packages that's true amd64.

But there is no woody amd64.  So your statement is confusing.  If you
are talking about woody do you mean x86 woody?  You want to cross
compile to produce an amd64 binary on woody?  If that is your question
then I think that is too difficult.  Better to create a sid chroot and
cross compile from there.  If that is not what you are asking then
please explain further.

> The kernel is from sarge (true amd64 kernel), but the rest
> of the system is pure woody.

Again, there is no woody for amd64.  The earliest possible would be an
early sarge release candidate.  So your statement confuses me.

Bob